Saturday, March 21, 2015

You've had a growth spurt, my little sprout!

March 21, 2015

QUINN!

       You're growing up so fast! You're 8 months old now and suddenly you've started to wave and clap. You have the best smile because you even tilt your little head and your eyes look twinkly! You have 2 teeth and you love food. I've even caught a glimpse of an angry streak when I try to take away something I fear you may choke on. I've been trying to help you sleep in your own bed, but you still only do for about half the night. You are just the sweetest. Part of me wants you to slow down and never stop being my baby, but the other half can't wait to see what's next. I think you have a "Dale Martin stare", which we share. When I was a kid, my dad would stare off while he ate, just deep in thought and I liked to watch him and wonder what he was thinking about in his big green eyes. I know that I do it too, though, and I think the answer is nothing. We think of nothing and just zone out and be in the moment. He used to stare at me, but really through me, and I caught you doing the same thing today, only out the window. What's going on in those big beautiful eyes? What does an 8 month old think about? I have a feeling you are going to be very deep and smart. You already seem like a smart woman, who knows what she wants and needs. I'm so proud that you are mine.
Love,
Mommy
my little chickies

that smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment