Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My 1st Mother's Day

Ah, Mother's Day....

       I was so excited for this day. A day that would finally recognize my efforts as a mom. The day that would be all about spoiling me! But in reality....
You, Deklan, made. me. sick. 
Literally. 
You gave me a cold and threatened me with pink eye. 
how. sweet. 
Here I was so selfish to prefer pink roses, or a new pink lipstick, maybe...
My plans were simple. Joel was deployed, so I was going to go to church, get our Mother's Day picture taken, grab a lunch on the way home, and relax.....
(again, in reality...)
That morning, I woke feeling like death. I was supposed to volunteer in the nursery at church but I cancelled. 
I woke early to your lovely screaming...
I scooped you up and changed you, fed the dog, fed the cat, scrambled the egg, sat you on the floor, spread out a ring of cheerios around you, poured a cup of milk in the near vicinity, and covered my face in a blanket. This did not buy me any time. As you were not feeling well either, you cried and cried and cried for me to hold you and play with you. But I just. couldn't. SO...I put you down for a nap. (It was only 8:30). After a long while, we both fell asleep and woke up at 10:30.  Fortunately, we both felt a little better and somehow, SOME WAY...We made it to church only 30min late. I was the first in line to get our picture afterwards; it just meant so much to me! 
This is the moment it all turned around. 
On the way home I got all my favorite foods at the grocery store: chocolate covered strawberries, salad, avocado, a drink called Jamaican-Me-Happy, a watermelon, and cheesy bread. 
We ate lunch and skyped with Uncle Doug & Papa Dale. 
The world was right again. 

So the moral of the story is: keep your expectations low. always. So low, in fact, that pink eye sounds like fun. I can almost guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Love You!
Thanks for my Mother's Day art and bamboo tree from you & Daddy
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment