Sunday, May 20, 2012

You made me clean the house 4 times this week

5 days till we become blubbering babies when we look at you for the first time.... Dear Sweet Boy, I'm tired of waiting for you! Come out! I pray & pray for patience and the ability to live in the moment. I think what God told me was that I am learning to trust you. This is your first big decision- when do you feel ready to enter the world? You are a little person with thoughts and feelings already & just because I have big plans for you, doesn't mean you don't get a little say in things. I've just been bored & achy. I've cleaned the house 4 times this week. I've rented several movies. I've tried all the wive's tales about starting labor (by the way, you like grilled pineapple and raspberry tea a lot!), I've slept, I've organized...meanwhile Dad's been fixing things around the house, working, looking up manly diaper bags and jogging strollers online, comforting me... Grandpa Dale and Grammy Carol both have their bags packed. Dr. White thinks you'll be very easy to deliver even with her sprained finger. Everyone is ready for you! Just sayin' today there is a solar eclipse- that'd make a pretty cool birth story, right? Oh I just can't wait to see what you decide to do... & I'm sure this won't be the last time I feel this way; we will trust your tiny baby brain. Love you lots, Mommy & Daddy (specifically from Daddy- Can't wait to see you! I love you! I can't wait to teach you everything!)

1 comment:

  1. Am waiting for that text message that you have arrived Mr Deklan. Mommy and Daddy have set up a place for you to keep you safe and warm and well cared for. Your four-legged siblings know something is afoot. Your grandparents, all of them (blood and borrowed) are trying like mommy and daddy to be patient and let you make this decision of when to arrive. So much love waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete