Sunday, October 9, 2011

Our New Home

    
229 days till we hold you...

Dear Calababy,

              Well, we moved into a new home last Wednesday and we have already had 3 house guests. On Wednesday night your grandpa and great-grandma came to visit and spent the night. Then, on Friday, your Auntie Julie visited Vegas for the first time! We showed her the strip and Red Rock Canyon and she took us to The Lion King show. I don't think you liked the noise because you made me sleepy and nauseous by the second act. That's ok though. You were probably upset because you couldn't see the best part- the costumes!
              We are enjoying the house a lot and your pets are enjoying it, too. There are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and tons of space to play in. I can't wait to start decorating your nursery! Grandpa brought with him a baby chair that I am pretty sure I used to sit in as a baby. I'm going to sand it and refinish it for you. There is so much to do!
                All this excitement makes it hard to focus on work and school, but hopefully that is somewhat temporary. Even though having a baby is exciting, we also need income and education, and self discipline- did you know some people pay $500 per week for day care?? You probably didn't, you're just a baby, but that's a lot, and thinking about it makes me very anxious. I am often anxious, though. It's a Watry family trait I think. Your great-Grandpa and Grandma Carol were worry-warts. This may be something you'll have to get used to. Take things in stride though, they always work out, and sometimes it's good to worry- it means you're a thinker. Just take it from us, don't let worry consume you; we will hold your hand the whole way.
             Hi Baby, it's your dad.  Like Momma said, we are very excited to have a house that you will be able to enjoy and run around in.  I'm sure Keeley will be excited to have a new member in the family and someone else to protect and love.  I look forward to building your crib and preparing our house and your nursery so that you'll feel like you're at home the moment you arrive!  I'm so excited to meet you and hold you, and help you learn all the ways of the world.  But until then, I'll try to be content with these little blurbs that your mom likes to share with the world.  She's by far the best mom you could hope for (even if she worries a bit much sometimes)!  We love you very much!

Love you lots,

            Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment